At the end of August, my husband and I moved to Hawaii with our 4 month old baby. When we arrived, I searched online for resources about exploring and living in Hawaii with kids. I found very little to help us get started.

Since then, I have been discovering Hawaiian activities, both touristy and local. Some are fabulously kid friendly. Others have been more of a struggle. This blog will share the lessons I've learned about traveling and living in Hawaii with a baby. From restaurants to tourist destinations to living like a local, I'll include the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This is not a professional travel site, and I don't get paid or receive any perks from the companies/locations I write about.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii!

Aloha!  If you're already in Hawaii, Welcome!  If you're planning - or just dreaming about - a vacation here, you're in for a fabulous trip.  As a recent (and originally reluctant) transplant to Hawaii, let me say that the island of Oahu is guaranteed to win your heart. 

Although many of the tourists in Hawaii are couples or groups without children, there are plenty of activities for people with kids.  Check back often for new reviews of activities, restaurants, and popular destinations, as well as tips and tricks for navigating the island and suggestions for off-the-beaten-path excursions.  So far, we've only explored Oahu, but as we begin to take trips to the other Hawaiian islands, I'll include reviews of those on this blog, as well.

Before I post my first review, though, let me tell you a bit about my test subject.  I have a 7 month old daughter known as "Babykins" (only in the land of blogs - I swear she has a better name in real life).  Babykins was 4 months old when we moved to Hawaii, and she has been very happy in her new home.  Babykins is a happy baby who tends to go with the flow, as long as the flow is heading in the direction she chooses.  She's an independent sitter, on the verge of crawling, and a big fan of cantaloupe and Cheerios.  Together with my husband and family visitors, we've explored many areas of the island and are excited to discover the secrets Hawaii still has in store for us.

If you have questions, comments, or topics you'd like to see addressed on this blog, feel free to post a comment and I'll do my best to find and review a relevant place in Oahu.  Mahalo for visiting my blog!

1 comment:

  1. My first born I brought to Hawaii when she was 3 months old -- loved it! My pediatrician told me it was the best place for babies :) First daughter also took her first steps there on another trip -- first son wasn't even born yet on his first trip. Second daughter went at 5 weeks old -- 2 son hasn't been yet... Oh, married my husband there too!
    I've only been to Maui and Kauai though.
    Looking forward to reading more!

    http://aissafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete